I need 'libedit' to install Asterisk

My first post:

swupd search-file libedit said to try lldb
‘lldb’ only has the .so files
Asterisk probably needs the -devel package

Any help is appreciated.

I’ve added a (hopefully autogenerated) devpkg-libedit bundle. It should be available in 1-2 days or so.

Hey thanks.

It turns out Asterisk needs lots of libraries. Clear Linux has some already of course.
Here’s the list for Debian and Arch for comparison:

For Debian:
libedit-dev libjansson-dev libsqlite3-dev uuid-dev libxml2-dev
libspeex-dev libspeexdsp-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libasound2-dev portaudio19-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev xmlstarlet bison flex
libpq-dev unixodbc-dev libneon27-dev libgmime-2.6-dev liblua5.2-dev liburiparser-dev libxslt1-dev libssl-dev
libvpb-dev libmysqlclient-dev libbluetooth-dev libradcli-dev freetds-dev libosptk-dev libjack-jackd2-dev bash
libsnmp-dev libiksemel-dev libcorosync-common-dev libcpg-dev libcfg-dev libnewt-dev libpopt-dev libical-dev libspandsp-dev
libresample1-dev libc-client2007e-dev binutils-dev libsrtp0-dev libsrtp2-dev libgsm1-dev doxygen graphviz zlib1g-dev libldap2-dev
libcodec2-dev libfftw3-dev libsndfile1-dev libunbound-dev

For Arch:
libedit jansson libutil-linux libxml2 sqlite
speex speexdsp libogg libvorbis alsa-lib portaudio curl xmlstarlet bison flex
postgresql-libs unixodbc neon gmime lua uriparser libxslt openssl
libmariadbclient bluez-libs radcli freetds bash
net-snmp libnewt popt libical spandsp
c-client binutils libsrtp gsm doxygen graphviz zlib libldap
fftw libsndfile unbound

I’m getting ‘invalid’ with swupd bundle-add devpkg-libedit

You’ll need to wait for the next release to be available first. It’ll be in the release after 32650.

Still the same error with ver 32670

Ah, you’re right. The autogeneration for the devpkg bundle that was hoped for didn’t quite make it. We’ve pushed it through manually. Give it another build or 2.

It works properly in ver 32690.
I have Asterisk 17.3 up and running.
Thanks to everyone at Clear Linux.

1 Like