Installer doesn't detect HDs

yes secure boot off :slight_smile:

used AOMI to make partition. Rufus to make usb stick. dont know if it has any influence on the instalation.

Still havn’t located my HD but managed to install to an USB, this way I can use windows boot loader (F12) to boot my clear Linux installation, works fine except from my WIFI connection which sometime doesn’t work.

I have intel RST . If I am correct your device might have the same :thinking: Only solution was to set windows in safe mode and change SATA configuration to AHCI,but i own HP laptop and it hasn’t come with advanced options in BIOS and the HP support did not help me with it. Check if your laptop has the setting in BIOS and change it to AHCI,make sure to do it after setting windows in safe mode or else you should reinstall windows in AHCI mode. Take backup of the OS first . Good luck :smiley:
If you cant find the option in BIOS then you can try to contact nearest service centre of your device,they might help with it.

OK, I had “no media detected”, but gparted worked normally. So I made CLR_BOOT, CLR_SWAP and CLR_ROOT by hand, and went back to the installer, and then I got the message that CLR_BOOT has to be at least 18.6GB…!
I guess anything smaller counts as “not detected”. Maybe a helpful message earlier would make people realize what the actual problem is. (This was the desktop install, the server is probably much smaller.)