No EFI Boot Entry

I have a System76 Gazelle laptop I bought brand new from the company in March 2016. The laptop has an Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor with 16GB RAM and a Western Digital Black 500GB NVMe hard drive.

I tried downloading and installing Clear Linux today February 9, 2020 with the graphical installer on the desktop live image. When I install Clear Linux with the destructive option there is no EFI Boot entry being created and I am unable to boot Clear Linux. System76 has never released any firmware updates for this laptop since I bought it so there’s nothing I can do about that. This isn’t the issue anyways since every single other Linux distro that supports EFI has no trouble creating a EFI Boot entry regardless if Grub or the Systemd bootloader is used.

What did Intel do that other distros aren’t doing? How can I work around this bug Intel created?

That’s odd.
Can you do a sudo CBM_DEBUG=1 clr-boot-manager update and share the output?

Looks like the second time around it worked. The only other issue I’ve noticed, and maybe this should be in a separate thread, is that Clear Linux sets the time wrong when internet time is enabled. When I tell Clear Linux to set both the time and time zone from the internet it isn’t calculating the difference between UTC time and Pacific time in the Americas/Los_Angeles time zone.