[SOLVED] Installing Jenkins results in error

Hello Guys,

it has been a while since I have written something in this forum, but recently I tried to install jenkins on my computer. When I wanted to follow the process of

So the process of me was the following:

sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/jenkins.repo \
    https://pkg.jenkins.io/redhat-stable/jenkins.repo
sudo rpm --import https://pkg.jenkins.io/redhat-stable/jenkins.io.key
sudo dnf check-update
sudo dnf download jenkins
sudo rpm -U --nodeps ./jenkins*.rpm //this throws the error

After pressing enter at the last command it rains error messages of jenkins not finding some binaries. This made me curious and so I searched the binaries by myself and found them. The error message is like this:

Fehler:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides /bin/sh needed by jenkins-2.263.1-1.1.noarch
- nothing provides /usr/sbin/groupadd needed by jenkins-2.263.1-1.1.noarch
- nothing provides /usr/sbin/useradd needed by jenkins-2.263.1-1.1.noarch
- nothing provides procps needed by jenkins-2.263.1-1.1.noarch
(try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages)

I do not know what I am doing wrong, but I really hope that someone of you is able to help me with my problem.

Try rpm2cpio instead.

I ran the following command:

sudo rpm2cpio jenkins-2.263.1-1.1.noarch.rpm | (cd /; sudo cpio -idv)

From this command I got no error message, but some directories where the files have been copied to.

To automatically start jenkins on startup, I wanted to enable the service file, but there has none been configurated. After some googling I have seen that the file /etc/init.d/jenkins should run jenkins, but after executing

cd /etc/init.d; sudo ./jenkins

I got the error message that the file /etc/init.d/functions could not be found, which is true. How could I fix this problem?

Clearlinux use systemd. You need to install the .service file somewhere within /etc/systemd/system

I do not have a .service file.
The file /etc/init.d/jenkins that I mentioned throws the error that the file /etc/init.d/functions was not found.

Find one online. For example, from other distro