Things I cannot get working

I am using a 7th generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon. 4K display, i5 10210U processor, 512GB SSD.

Here are things that just don’t work:

1. Sound
  2. Webcam
  3. Sleep/suspend when lid shuts - the laptop goes black, screen will not come back on, needs hard reboot
  4. Printers - cannot get HP LaserJet on wifi network to connect. It shows up as a separate wifi network.
  5. Weird lock screen bug. The lock screen wallpaper doesn’t display, just a low res gray screen, but I can log in

Minor annoyances, but not showstoppers. I’ve tried the LTS kernel but that made my system un-bootable. Battery life also kind of sucks, but I think that is due to the display more than anything else. It wasn’t great under Windows either. I’m going to stick with Clear Linux for a while and hope that these issues get resolved in future updates. Really enjoying this OS.

1 Like

One additional thing that is broken: Online Accounts. When I sign in to my Microsoft account…absolutely nothing happens. I cannot access my calendar, contacts, OneDrive or anything through Gnome or Linux applications.