Anyone using the Intel VTune Profiler on Clear Linux?

Intel Vtune Profiler Introduction

Vtune Profiler Manual

Vtune Profiler Cookbook

Online Training

“Find and Fix Performance Bottlenecks Quickly and Realize All the Value of Your Hardware”

Before trying it myself, i am curious if anyone was able to get this running already.

Did you run into any major issues or compatibility problems getting it working on Clear Linux ?

Does the analysis provide useful insights ?

1 Like

Sorry, I last used Intel vTune in 1997 to profile a series of internally written applications. Can’t help you here. Too far down the road.

It’s been around that long already?

I’ve used Intel Advisor (and played a bit with VTune) on Clear Linux, as part of their DPC++ suite. Especially in older versions, you might have some missing driver/libraries warnings, but everything works just fine with no visible issue as far as I can tell.

Quite useful, especially when combined with Nsight to profile GPU computing.

1 Like

Thanks for your input… we will give it a spin here :wink:

I do. I am a Intel OneApi fanboy and i use all of Intels analyze tools, Vtune, Advisor, Intel GDB and Intel ITT/JIT profiling API. Also finding it hard to not use OneApi DPL with its nice higher level sycl interfaces in any code i write now.

I can honestly say ClearLinux is the worst developer platform for OneApi, Use Fedora or Ubuntu instead if you want to do/use any OneAPi tools in your development, i tried having ClearLinux as a daily OS for OneAPi but its messy.

You would think Intel ClearLinux and Intel OneAPi would make the perfect developer desktop workstation setup, Intel OneApi being a first class citizen on Intel ClearLinux desktop. But sadly its not.

Just My 2 cents.

1 Like

There’s some work to be done then… thanks for your input :wink: