Error on installation

That list is probably correct. Personally, I would try and find a different wifi device or use an ethernet connection instead - don’t waste your time on it if you can avoid it.

That’s the problem, I dont have an ethernet access at this time. And I cant get a USB tether from my phone to work either. Would that be easier to get working?

On USB tethering it says USB Ethernet… Cable unplugged

I’ve tethered from Android phones without issues. Both wifi and USB. Check your cables and replug. Try restarting NetworkManager and read this thread as well:

It was added here, You can give a try.

Alright. Much thanks. Going to try now

Ok. How do install just the wifi drivers from the wireless folder? I’m not a super dev, but I’m trying to get started. Thanks

And after I extract tar.gz. do I extract again from just tar?

Cant make the etc/firmware directory because its read only on the live usb

I am sorry but 43a0 doesn’t work with b43, I know because I have one. You must compile and install the hybrid broadcom drivers. Which means you will need to grab the kernel headers rpm from the clear linux repos so that you can compile on the live cd. You will also have to disable signature verification on the kernel by adding to the grub kernel line:

module.sig_unenforce

in order to disable it. I would also suggest using an ext4 formatted flash drive for this operation and compile it there so you are not taking up the ramdisk. :confused:

1 Like

Ok. That makes sense. Thank you. I’ll have to get to it tomorrow. Maybe I’ll have an ethernet AP and can make this a lot easier. Thanks again

@Clyde_Barrow try this: GitHub - antoineco/broadcom-wl: Broadcom Linux hybrid wireless driver (64-bit) it has worked for me :wink: i have the same wifi card and it’s working nicely now

1 Like