Error while trying to install MSP360

I received the following error message when trying to install a .rpm file with MSP360 (CloudBerry-Backup) -

error: Unmet dependencies: / bin / sh needed by CloudBerry-Backup-2.10.2.73-01.x86_64

What does this mean? And how do I fix it?
I am a beginner on Linux so please be clear with any answer.

Br StefanH/Sweden

ClearLinux OS does not support installing packages with RPM. That is why you get this error.

You have several options, though: You can “work around” the problem in many ways. E.g. follow the chrome thread on this forum and it shows you how. There are also many open source backup solutions available, and some are part of ClearLinux OS. You could also work with the creators of this softtware and ask them for either a flatpak version or a distribution-neutral tarball version.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to answer even simple questions.

Well, I was almost aware that it was the way your answer was. But had still hoped that there were some commands that could fix it.
Well I currently have the backup programs Vorta, and Freefilesync installed, and should be happy with these, which are really good anyway. Too bad that Freefilesync does not have backup scheduling.
I am also evaluating a couple of cloud services, such as Tresorit, Syncplicity to use synced with mobile, for use for syncing images and documents. I contacted Syncplicity support, as their Chrome browser add-on did not work, and they replied that they would test it. So Chrome I managed to install via the specified threading procedure on the forum. So Chrome is installed because of these extensions. Which I would not have done otherwise, as it is considered a security risk. Had preferred Brave browser, which well it is based on Chrome, but is considered what I have understood to be a secure browser?

Out of the question:
Some other programs I try to find Linux alternatives to.
Scrivener: is currently testing Zettlr for this
Email: Tutanota there is app for. For Hotmail accounts I use Mailspring.
Calendar: where I use edo.Agenda, which in addition to the Android app can also be managed in the browser.
So it starts to settle on the software side.