Happy New Year from the Clear Linux Team!

It’s traditional at this time of the year to reflect on the past year, and to look to the future.

Clear Linux has continued to evolve in 2021. We said a sad farewell to some packages that proved impractical to bundle and distribute, and added others, including ones that were suggested by the community through Github. Throughout the year, we included optimizations in the code that makes up Clear Linux – yielding a several percent overall performance improvement from this time last year.

Looking ahead, we’re going to keep innovating, stopping things that aren’t working, trying new things out, always moving forwards, using Clear Linux as a showcase for security and optimization on Intel Architecture.

As always, we invite your feedback on features and implementations, and even if we don’t respond individually to each and every one of them, your voices are heard and do influence the decision-making process. We will strive to better communicate our plans and include the community in our decisions and future directions as Clear Linux grows and evolves in 2022 and beyond.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year!

Chris Norman, on behalf of the Clear Linux Team

11 Likes

Happy new year, Chris and team !

No matter how small the improvements, the benchmarks never lie…

We all appreciate the hard work you guys put into this innovative distro !

6 Likes

6 Likes

Happy New Year 2022.

Thank you for Smart CL OS.
Is Clear Linux more friendly .
We will happy and the more we love Clear Linux.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have been using CL on an HP Stream 14" for a few years now. I tried to update Windows 10 one day and came back with the error message 32Gb OS drive too small to update so Windows became useless only after a few months after buying the laptop!. Decided to install Clear Linux OS it’s a really fast performer now it works great love the Shortwave Radio. I just recently installed the Brave Browser flat pack and shocked all media/video works Twitter, YouTube, Netflix ect. even better now!

1 Like