What is the recommended way to install packages not included in any bundle?

I see a few people writing flatpack. This is incorrect spelling, and, likely will confuse people who search for it. The correct spelling is:

-> flatpak

I’m looking for an App I can’t find as swupd or flatpak package for CL. So I ended up here :smile:

When I will install by
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc && make && sudo make install
how can I uninstall it?

As I know sudo make uninstall will only work if there is a prepared uninstall script by source.
Moreove I’ve noticed there is no checkinstall at CL (because of swupd bundles instead of dep packages, I guess).

When I will do swupd repair it won’t care about /usr/local, right? So it won’t be removed by that.

I’m presuming un-installing would need to be done manually when anything is built from source. That is to say, you would need to log what gets installed and where it is installed to, so that you could manually reverse that process to remove the software.

Can anyone suggest some tools/process(es) that help with logging the actions of software that is compiled from source?