Benchmark : Clear Linux vs The Rest

Actually if you look at Windows historically, it has improved its performace in general terms. Even Phoronix PTS tests over the years has borne this out. It is just rarely the performance leader because there is no urgency to do so. Microsoft has always had some level of dependence on architecture performance gains to make up for a certain lack of optimizations. However, I do think their embracing of ARM is forcing them to be more efficient and effective.

Compare the amount of background processes between Windows 11 / Tiny11 / Linux.

1 Like

“Intel’s Clear kernel has also already picked up these kernel optimizations”.

1 Like

1 Like

This does not look right :smile:

I’ve been waiting for this for years! Pretty system for the VM to boot up occasionally ^~^
Biggest downside of modern systems is the neccesity to spend your life to tune/set them up. And when someone is (mostly) done that for you = :heart:

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out its competitor too :wink:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Which is faster relies mainly on drivers and other low level software which vary across hardware. For example my Laptop on battery can last 3 hours on Windows but only about 1.5 hours when running Linux. No matter how much I trimmed it down and looked for the best drivers I was never able to fix that, the Windows drivers are just way better, and it’s the case in general, blame hardware manufacturers, but then you can’t blame them for looking after their business interests.

It also varies from one software to another, how they are written and how well they use available performance optimizations.

Linux distros can feel faster sometimes because they boot faster (it wasn’t always the case), load less stuff that gets in the way.

That’s the extent of what can be claimed.

1 Like

Link by @Newbee

1 Like
1 Like

Comments

1 Like