Building Nvidia graphics driver with kernel-lts2018-preempt-rt

Hi,

I am trying to build Nvidia graphics driver over kernel-lts2018-preempt-rt . I followed steps given at the link.

1. https://clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/tutorials/nvidia

Steps mentioned at link above works well for Native and LTS kernels , However with kernel-lts2018-preempt-rt , I am not able to get corresponding kernel headers , I used headers form LTS kernel .
Now in this case .ko files gets generated but DKMS is not able to insert the modules mentioning signature issues.

After above step I tried installing kernel modules manually using link given below

https://clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/guides/maintenance/kernel-modules

In this case also I used kernel headers form LTS kernel. Again The kernel modules get built but inserting modules fail saying signature issues.

I hope that I am able to put my question clearly. I request community members to support me on this.

I haven’t personally tried using the lts2018-preempt-rt kernel yet so I’m not sure if there are any extra hurdles.

Part of the DKMS and module loading process in Clear Linux is explicitly disabling a check for module signatures. This should be done for you automatically if you installed the kernel-lts-dkms bundle. You can check for the existence and contents of /usr/share/kernel/cmdline.d/clr-ignore-mod-sig.conf.

I am trying to build Nvidia graphics driver kernel-lts2018-preempt-rt . I followed steps given at the link.

Why do you want to use the lts2018-preempt-rt bundle?

This bundle aims to be for real-time linux.

You can use:

kernel-lts2018
kernel-native

they have the respective DKMS bundles.

I want to use lts2018-preempt-rt beacuse I want to leverage the benefits Linux RT patch provides. In the set of applications that we are developing , One of the application have low latency requirement. Hence our purpose is to monopolise that application on one of our CPU cores.

Then maybe you need kernel-rt bundle.

Currently it has linux-preempt-rt: 5.0.14 and it is following RT in the latest stable kernel.

There we can add the missing dkms and kernel sources bundle.

Hi, Thanks for your response,

May I expect missing dkms and kernel sources bundle will be added to linux-preempt-rt kernel soon.
Or Should I create a wish-list list for that.

Thanks

May I expect missing dkms and kernel sources bundle will be added to linux-preempt-rt kernel soon.
Or Should I create a wish-list list for that.

They will be added in this week.