Easy way to check RELEASENOTES -> add rss?

Hi!

Is there an easy way to check the release notes shown at:
https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/releases/*/clear/RELEASENOTES

Maybe a rss feed would be useful for the curious people like me, published when a release is actually downloadable.

Cheers.

rss were ok,now i see that the latest version is 31110 and mine is 31090.(and swupd show not update available?)

Hey Adrian_K!

Maybe rss is to old school for CL :wink:

Got *90 too…I suppose that there is a secret flag that prevents “pre” updates to be installed, just a guess. Does any one know how and when exactly a release that is visible online is actually visible for swupd?

Hey spacepig,

We are flexible,but now what is the latest version?:slight_smile:

Or maybe just an automatic releasenote thread here in the forum would be good enough :slight_smile:
Maybe some people want to comment a release publicly, could be a nice feedback.

"

Good question, do you know a little about this release policy, just curious to understand how CL works.

I think having release notes published here on the forum would be awesome. This way the community could discuss the elements in those release notes. :slight_smile:

We have some ideas for making that happen - we’ll keep you posted.

Also remember that just because a build is made, doesn’t mean that it gets released. We do have an extensive suite of QA tests that get run, and it’s always possible that there may be a showstopper bug that blocks release of a build. In this case though 31110 is now live.

Cool! I am looking forward to reading some news about this.

@pixelgeek Could you please explain, why my swupd cannot see the "pre"release whereas in the repo the "pre"release is visible. What function decides when a release can be downloaded? Is it my local swupd that reads somewhere that it can update (a secret flag in the repo?) or does a “external” service trigger my local swupd (very unlikely). Just curious to know.

In short swupd reads a file which contains the official release (or from the equivalent mirror location). If it passes QA, all the content is already uploaded to the servers so can be rolled out very quickly from there.

https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/update/version/latest_version

I think it’s great for testing that these remain, as while they don’t pass QA, you could find out the exact version an issue starts occurring in which could cut out a number of packages if a couple of releases missed passing QA. But the benefit is almost entirely for developer/testing purposes and not for normal users.

2 Likes

Is there any news concerning the “release info” ?

:frowning: No news to share here. The people that were talking about it got pulled onto other things, and we lost traction on it. I can bring it back up again.

1 Like

Would be great, if you’d do! Looking forward getting some news about “release notes”

Any update on this one? I think a human readable feedback on what has been updated/added would really make sense, don’t you think? Like Azure was added in the last release, would be cool to have some way to follow CL’s development.