Make a separate iso of distribution with XFCE desktop

Hello,

Can we envisage to do a version of Clear linux with XFCE desktop ?

Thanks

Clear Linux has xfce desktop in their bundle already, are you strictly talking about having live-cd in xfce?

Hello,

yes exactly … without gnome …

Thanks

I would recommend installing with the server ISO image, and then after installation:

• sudo swupd bundle-add xfce4-desktop lightdm
  • sudo systemctl enable lightdm && sudo systemctl start lightdm

This is almost as good as am Xfce4 specific ISO - you get what you want and it’s simple and straightforward.

Hello,

I test now into virtualbox and see that verry bugly. First when I have page of login I must chose first the desktop XFCE and then password and after it come back to the login screen…

after second connection it start xfce into english… and after when I want to shutdown it failed, have a message error can’t shutdown …

Thanks

I’m not following, what exactly is wrong? Can you include screenshots and be exact with what you did and what the outcome is?

Also worth mentioning is that you can create a custom image yourself with clr-installer. Caveat is that you need to run ClearLinux to do so, but it’s certainly useful for people who want to make custom images to distribute themselves for others.

Heelo,

Here :

Thanks

That seems to be some upstream bug. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what to do about it…

November 12; this is still the case after a fresh install of ClearOS and simply adding the XFCE bundle.

What you want to do is server install + os-utils-gui + lightdm.
Enable lightdm via systemctl, reboot, and you’re done. Fully operational xfce.

You can install xfce4-desktop if you like but it’s redundant as it’s part of os-utils-gui.