Mpv with lua enabled

Is there a way to get mpv with lua compiled in it?
It seems that the swupd package doesn’t come with it.

Without it the on-screen-controls are missing and of course the scripting capabilities.

$ mpv --osc
Error parsing option osc (option not found)
Setting commandline option --osc= failed.

Exiting... (Fatal error)

I fixed our mpv package. In a few days it will have lua enabled in the build and this should then work.

Just out of interest, where would it be possible to see what options have been compiled in mpv ? :slightly_smiling_face:

mpv is “autodetecting”. In other words, it doesn’t really use compile flags, but, just detects the presence of supporting libraries to turn them on/off. That’s why enabling Lua was relatively trivial, I just added LuaJIT as a dependency (not in this git tree yet, will take 1-2 days).

Thank you @ahkok :slightly_smiling_face
I’m looking for a way to play encrypted DVDs and whether i would need to compile a local version of mpv myself. I’ve already built libdvdnav,libdvdread and libdvdcss in the usual /usr/local.
Obviously the easy way would be to get Flatpak VLC, but i wouldn’t then learn as much in the process.

Unlikely we will ever include the needed support for that, so, I would strongly suggest you try and compile it. It’s not super complicated, but getting all the OS dependencies is always tricky to get it 100% right.

Thanks i’ll give it a go :slightly_smiling_face:

I just checked it out myself. Thank you for the update!