Xanmod Kernel & Cachy CPU scheduler

How do I install Xanmod kernel & Cachy CPU scheduler on Clear Linux? I’m looking for better performance on clear Linux since Arch can beat out Clear Linux with Xanmod Kernel.

Build the kernel from source

1 Like

If Arch with Xanmod Kernel is what you need, then why not use it? Unless of course you just want to see if you can make CL “beat out” Arch+Xanmod just for fun. :man_shrugging:

Which is of course in and of itself I suppose a noble enough pursuit.

I want to what’s the maximum performance there is to get. Unfortunately there are few guides online to how to build xanmod from source. The ones available use dpkg & deb-pkg to install the kernel. So im stuck on that part.

Not true, Arch’s build script already tells you how to build it (without dpkg).
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=linux-xanmod

1 Like

i’ve reached the point where i’ve ran “make menuconfig” Now i just need to run these commands to finish.
“make -j* deb-pkg LOCALVERSION=-custom”
&
“sudo dpkg -i …/linux-headers*.deb …/linux-image*.deb”

Anyway other way to compile that doesn’t involve these commands since i don’t have dpkg? Thanks.

The link I posted doesn’t require dpkg.

sorry for the dumb question, but what do i do with it. I see the file. I see the configuration you can do within the file. But what exactly do I do with it?

Clone the source code, and run the commands manually in those functions.

How would you run the commands manually? Copy and paste into a .sh and run it?

If you cannot understand what’s going on, you’d better just use Arch.

XanMod-ing Ubuntu To Perform Closer To Intel’s Clear Linux

The XanMod kernels are amazing on Clear Linux. There are many flavors to choose from. The default flavors do not have preempt enabled, matching the Clear kernel configs.

xmedge-default vs. clear native
xmlts-default vs. clear lts

The preempt flavors have preempt and rcu_boost enabled.

xmedge-preempt
xmlts-preempt
xmrt-preempt

There is one more providing true “realtime” capabilities.

xmrt-preempt_rt

Tried the ‘one more thing’ too :grinning:
xmrt-preempt_rt