30780 release broken

30780 is at the moment the current release.

wget https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/releases/30780/clear/x86_64/os/Packages/libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm

--2019-08-14 13:57:08--  https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/releases/30780/clear/x86_64/os/Packages/libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm
Resolving cdn.download.clearlinux.org... 69.192.177.89
Connecting to cdn.download.clearlinux.org|69.192.177.89|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2019-08-14 13:57:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Currently unable to build packages on top of the current release.

Okay it seems to work with url encoded + signs, but the links viewing in the http are wrong. However, I am currently getting stuck trying to build and the build framework does not appear to be able to find the package.

running make build in packages/libsolv I am getting:

Error: Error downloading packages:
Cannot download Packages/libstdc+±9.1.1-611.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried
ERROR: Exception(libsolv.spec) Config(clear) 0 minutes 3 seconds
INFO: Results and/or logs in: results/

This is due to a backend change of our infrastructure. We may run into other issues here that we didn’t predict - I’ve pinged folks for a solution…

Sounds good, figured you guys would want to know. I was able to work around it by adding the binary to the local repo in the project.

Also I tried rolling back to previous releases, and they all pretty much exhibit the same issue so that fits with it being a back end change.

There is an announcement and workaround for this posted on the mailing list.

1 Like

Thanks for linking the announcement, @puneetse. We will post update(s) to this forum thread as well once we make progress on resolving the issue.

This was fixed 8/14 early PST time.

I am still seeing the issue with rpms containing “+” characters failing to download, so the workaround described on the mailing list is needed at the moment.

EDIT: Use the thread @puneetse linked to above to track the issue. (I originally thought it was a direct link to the mailing list announcement, not an indirect link via a separate thread.)

@jpuhlman - we have a fix in place…can you verify that it is working on your end?

Looks good:

--2019-08-15 14:33:43--  https://cdn.download.clearlinux.org/releases/30780/clear/x86_64/os/Packages/libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm
Resolving cdn.download.clearlinux.org... 23.206.235.126
Connecting to cdn.download.clearlinux.org|23.206.235.126|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 687240 (671K) [application/x-redhat-package-manager]
Saving to: ‘libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm’

libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm         100%[=========================================================================>] 671.13K  --.-KB/s    in 0.1s

2019-08-15 14:33:43 (6.15 MB/s) - ‘libstdc++-9.1.1-612.x86_64.rpm’ saved [687240/687240]

The build that was failing yesterday is now succeeding. So it looks like this should be fixed, at least from my end.

It worked perfectly for me… doesn’t look broken

Yeah it was a back end change, nothing specific to the release, they just happened to do it on when that specific release came out. Actually all the releases were broke at the time. They have updated the servers to deal with special characters. It should be working now, as attested by the whole thread.