Cannot get sound output to work on a Lenovo S740 with i7-1065G7

Hello people!
So this year Santa has been generous and i am the proud owner of a brand new Lenovo Yoga S740 with a Intel i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM and a dedicated MX250 GPU.
On my old laptop i used to run Solus 4, and for the most part i found it to be an excellent distro, but i found that the performance on this new machine was a bit disappointing, so i’ve decided to give Clear Linux a try.
First i think it has a lot of similarities with Solus, and overall looks very polished. And the performance is way better then on Solus.
The problem i have is that i cannot get the sound card to work no matter what, i’ve tried everything i fond on the interwebs, but nothing seems to work.
Currently in the sound output i have only: Dummy Output,
When i do a: lspci -nnk | grep -A2 Audio
i get nothing
Also sudo alsa force-reload says there is no alsa command
lsmod | grep snd_hda_intel
output:
snd_hda_intel 40960 0 snd_intel_nhlt 20480 1 snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec 126976 1 snd_hda_intel snd_hda_core 86016 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec snd_pcm 114688 7 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_core,snd_hda_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine snd 77824 7 snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm

I have created a file inside /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf with the following information: options snd-hda-intel model=auto still nothing.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hey - this might work for you:

2 Likes

Thank you for the solution!