How to install nvidia drivers on clear Linux (GTX 1660ti)?

Hi,
I have been following the guide of NVIDIA driver installation on Clear Linux, I followed all the steps but,
When I try to install the .run file. I get errors.

ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file ‘/var/log/nvidia-installer.log’ for details. You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

it is also giving error that
ERROR: Unable to load the ‘nvidia-drm’ kernel module.

I am using laptop with intel UHD 630 and nvidia 1660ti graphics Card.

Can anybody suggest me how to create and compile nvidia kernel module manually to solve this error ? I even tried installing with CONFIG_SECTION_MISMATCH_WARN_ONLY=y

It will be great if Nvidia or clearlinux could provide some solution for this, or maybe a step by step guide to install nvidia drivers.

thank you

I somehow managed to install the driver successfully by adding path for kernel directory during installation but it is not loading graphical interface, does anyone help me to solve that ?

Can you try the installation scripts? That might help here.

It might not work currently. ( There are some problems for a while. )

I didn’t know the installation scripts were broken.

The script is not broken. But in the last step when it call the actual installer, the installer would fail.

This happened at least one month ago.

I apologize for misunderstanding the issue.

Yes I used those scripts and added path for kernel in the script and also removed the dkms from the script install.sh and I deleted unnecessary modules from the lib folder to make davinci resolve work after installation, it contained ati and amd drivers as well, (kept in backup, just in case). I am still not sure as I have to load Resolve as root to make it work. will sort that out that. as long as it is working. I am glad :slight_smile:

Can you specify what you added specifically for those of us that don’t know? What is the proper path for the kernel and what did you remove from the lib folder? I’m trying to get davinci working as well and would appreciate the info. Thanks!

I (re)installed driver this week and I don’t have any issue. But NVIDIA warned that the driver won’t work with CUDA.