How to remaster Clear Linux Live

Thanks much. I will try to figure this out.

actually, MX Linux does offer this feature. They have a tool called MX RemasterCC. included in the live ISO. You can mess around with that. I’m also here to know if there’s a similar all-purpose tool that can work with Clear Linux. Because I would prefer Clear over MX. There’s also MX Linux’s Live USB maker tool which is in AppImage format. You can use that to burn your existing ISO but Sadly, It won’t create persistent USBs for Clear Linux/Other non-Antix/MX distros

@kash:
Thanks. Yes, indeed. I am familiar with MX and remastering capabilities. The same remastering app is shared between MX and antiX Linux, into which I have put lots of customization. Remastering is a tool used by many Linux distros.
I think the problem here with CL is that CL is supposed to be for enterprise and developers, not for typical use as desktop. CL team is focusing on enterprise and developers as only acceptable users, restricting use as desktop to the minimum.
The way CL is architected is way better than typical Linux, which is the key advantage. Some mainstream users can still still try to leverage this rock solid Linux if willing to go through more pain using scraps of info here and there to make things work.

Clear Linux is still relatively new. There is not as much (especially third party) documentation and support out there as others, yet. Not as many stackoverflow entries. It is also a completely new way of designing a system (well maybe not completely, but it is the first to effectively and fully implement an old and important principle regarding the distinction between system and user space). The fact that is so different from others makes it difficult for the layman. It is also highly optimized and yes geared towards a specific goal – handling server cloud and workstation workloads efficiently and effectively. Not to mention being a rolling release distro it is constantly changing and improving as patches and fixes come in from upstream. It can be hard to keep up.

Nonetheless I assure you the community welcomes all users and please report your findings here to possibly make things easier for the next user.

@inmanturbo:
Thank you for encouragement, whether it is your personal or representing larger community of Clear Linux team.
What is impressive about Clear Linux architecture is exactly what you articulated: Decisive and clear separation of system and user space. This fundamental principle that has been lost in Linux world over time.
I am coming originally from IBM mainframe OS 370 world and can appreciate that finally such Clear Linux emerged that returned to such fundamental principle, even if it is at the cost of more difficulty. It is worth the extra pain.
Thanks and Regards.

3 Likes