How to set up ThinkPad trackpoint?

Hello. I can’t set up properly my trackpoint. On other GNU/Linux distributions I create a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules with the next content:
ACTION==“add”,
SUBSYSTEM==“input”,
ATTR{name}==“TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint”,
ATTR{device/sensitivity}=“112”,
ATTR{device/speed}=“100”,
ATTR{device/inertia}=“1”,
ATTR{device/press_to_select}=“0”

But on Clear Linux in journalctl -p err -b I have about 5000 errors on boot like so
févr. 10 08:17:11 ThinkPad systemd-udevd[402]: 4-2:1.0: /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules:7 Failed to write ATTR{/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:08.1/0000:06:00.4/usb4/4-2/4-2:1.0/device/press_to_select}, ign>
févr. 10 08:17:11 ThinkPad systemd-udevd[403]: acpi: /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules:4 Failed to write ATTR{/sys/bus/acpi/device/sensitivity}, ignoring: No such file or directory
févr. 10 08:17:11 ThinkPad systemd-udevd[403]: acpi: /etc/udev/rules.d/10-trackpoint.rules:5 Failed to write ATTR{/sys/bus/acpi/device/speed}, ignoring: No such file or directory

I’m not sure how to get rid of these errors. Even if I delete this file, I still have those messages.

The entire udev rule needs to be on a single line. From your copy/paste, I can’t verify that you properly did so. Can you check this?

That worked, thank you. But it’s strange, because on other distributions it worked even if it was not on a single line.

:man_shrugging:

We use the same udev as other distributions. I’ve never seen rules split in the way you pasted, either. :slight_smile: