Installation - Post Install Script Error

Hi,

Here 's the error from the install attempt. It is trying to use an extra ‘/’ in the path after /mnt:

Calling post-update helper scripts
External command: [ERROR] cbm (…/src/bootman/update.c:L81): No kernels discovered in /mnt//usr/lib/kernel, bailing

I assume it’s just an issue with the path in the script, or, have a made a mistake with the swupd os-install command?

Looking at a valid version of that path, there are indeed some kernels:
ls -la /mnt/usr/lib/kernel/

total 488
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  4096 Aug 11 05:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 20 root root  4096 Aug 11 05:37 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 83464 Jul 26 23:07 initrd-org.clearlinux.current.5.8.0.rc7-37
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 69404 Aug  5 11:17 initrd-org.clearlinux.lts2017.4.14.192-122
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 74612 Aug  5 11:13 initrd-org.clearlinux.lts2018.4.19.137-156
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 80956 Aug  5 11:14 initrd-org.clearlinux.lts2019.5.4.56-56
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 83476 Jul 26 23:09 initrd-org.clearlinux.mainline.5.8.0.rc7-34
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 82320 Aug  5 10:08 initrd-org.clearlinux.native.5.7.13-975
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Aug 11 05:07 install.d

Here’s the command used for the install, to an encrypted root with a separate lvm partition and lv for /home. The install was from a live server usb stick. Here’s the install command for reference:

swupd os-install /mnt --bundles=os-core,os-core-update,openssh-server,NetworkManager,sysadmin-basic,tzdata,bootloader,bootloader-extras,boot-encrypted,telemetrics --statedir=/mnt/var/lib/swupd

Extra question here:

Does swupd os-install make use of partition labels (notably, CLR_BOOT, CLR_ROOT, CLR_F_MNT_/home and so on) in the same way that clr-installer does, or they irrelevant when using swupd os-install?

Are you mounting your dev directly at mnt?? Or one level under such as /mnt/my-install-destination?

At /mnt directly. These are probably the pertinent bits:

Boot FS:
mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/sda1

Root FS:
cryptsetup --allow-discards --persistent open --type luks2 /dev/sda3 root
mkfs.f2fs -O encrypt -l root /dev/mapper/root

Mount before os-install:
mount /dev/mapper/root /mnt
mkdir /mnt/boot && mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot

(The sda3 for root is correct, there is another general storage partition at sda2)
There’s a bunch of other commands in the process, if you need to see those let me know (most are for unrelated lvm volumes, scripting the partition creation and so forth, figure they’re probably just clutter for this question).

Any updates on this?

Can anyone see anything obviously incorrect with those install commands, or is it actually an issue in the installer?

Have you tried os-install to /mnt/? With the slash? You’re actually mounting the slash directly to /mnt which for me makes the path kind of confusing.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try a /mnt/ install (and a /mnt/someFolder/) type of install tomorrow and see what happens.

So, mounting as:
sudo mkdir /mnt/my-install/ && sudo mount /dev/mapper/root /mnt/my-install/ sudo mkdir /mnt/my-install/boot && sudo mount "${blk_dev}"p1 /mnt/my-install/boot
( "${blk_dev}"p1 just points to the boot partition)

And using this:
sudo swupd os-install /mnt/my-install --bundles=os-core,os-core-update,openssh-server,NetworkManager,NetworkManager-extras,network-basic,sysadmin-basic,tzdata,bootloader,bootloader-extras,boot-encrypted,man-pages,texinfo,telemetrics --statedir=/mnt/my-install/var/lib/swupd

Or this, (just an extra slash on the end of the path after swupd os-install:

sudo swupd os-install /mnt/my-install/ --bundles=os-core,os-core-update,openssh-server,NetworkManager,NetworkManager-extras,network-basic,sysadmin-basic,tzdata,bootloader,bootloader-extras,boot-encrypted,man-pages,texinfo,telemetrics --statedir=/mnt/my-install/var/lib/swupd

Both resulted in this:
Calling post-update helper scripts External command: [ERROR] cbm (../src/bootman/update.c:L81): No kernels discovered in /mnt/my-install//usr/lib/kernel, bailing

Which still has that same weird // going on where the usr/lib/kernel is being appended to the path that is presumably sourced from sudo swupd os-install /mnt/my-install

Is it fair to say this currently broken?
If not, what else I should be doing to correct this?

redundant separators “/” should have been canonicalized (removed) automatically. this should not be a problem