Installing armadillo,

Hi, I’m a physics student and for some of my coursework I need to install armadillo (a linear algebra package for C++). How would one go about to do this in ClearLinux?

Cheers

First install LaPack and Blas :

https://coral.ise.lehigh.edu/jild13/2016/07/27/install-lapack-and-blas-on-linux-based-systems

Then install Armadillo :

http://arma.sourceforge.net/download.html

If you also use R, armadillo is included as a dependency to Rcpp-armadillo package. So you can install R bundle.

1 Like

I am unable to detect the filesystem locations either for Armadillo or OpenBlas. Additionally, the R-basic and R-extras bundles do not list Rcpp’s as far as I can see. I assume they are in there because of their centrality to lots of R packages.

I have not been able to find documentation about how “sealed” the bundles are. Should I expect the packages of a downloaded bundle to be available to other programs; e.g. can I use an Armadillo downloaded as an Rcpp dependency with GCC, or must I download another Armadillo to use in another environment, which seems fraught.

Why can’t you find the location of Armadillo or OpenBlas? Can’t you find them with ‘find’ command?
Header files uses /usr/include directory like other Linux distros.

Anything installed by bundles are on the filesystem, not in sandbox. So they can be accessed by other programs.

Dunno. Armadillo shows up with “find”, but not OpenBlas. I expected “which” and “–version” also to produce results, but nope.

bob@ritter~ sudo swupd bundle-add openblas Loading required manifests... Warning: Bundle "openblas" is already installed, skipping it... 1 bundle was already installed bob@ritter~ find -name openblas
bob@ritter~ $ find * -name openblas

Thank you. I think I can clear a hurdle with the info you provided.

check the %files section

` Thanks. OpenBlas shows up with find if I go high enough in the
directory tree. Got a lot to learn.

I noticed this morning on an R site that a bugfix update came out

for the latest Armadillo.

`

in this case, you can file a update request for r bundle