KVM related installation docs seem outdated

I follow the official KVM instructions and every time I run sudo bash ./start_qemu.sh clear.img, I invariably get this:

BdsDxe: failed to load Boot0001 "UEFI QEMU DVD-ROM QM00003 " from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Ata(Secondary,Master,0x0): Not Found
BdsDxe: loading Boot0002 "UEFI Misc Device" from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x5,0x0)
BdsDxe: starting Boot0002 "UEFI Misc Device" from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x5,0x0)

debug.log used by start_qemu.sh is empty.

I tried the legacy image without UEFI and didn’t get anywhere es well.

The other tutorial with virt-manager doesn’t work for me as well (I use remote virt-manager over ssh, with root access; oh and by the way qemu://session also doesn’t seem available on CL).
In real life there is no UEFI FD file from screenshot in Step 6, and even if I move the downloaded UEFI.fd (from the main KVM tutorial or from downloads) to that folder, kernel can’t boot to run clr-installer. Maybe I’m using the wrong file, but that’s another problem (the documentation doesn’t say where to get that UEFI.fd file mentioned the libvirt-tutorial).

Depending on whether I use the legacy image or try server ISO, in some attempts I can see the initial CD ROM boot prompt, but none of the methods work for remote installation. Has anyone managed to get this to work in recent months?

It’d be so much easier if the project had a proper legacy ISO. I don’t know why this UEFI stuff is forced on users by way of not having legacy ISOs, when the docs and code still require a PhD to get to work.