No files in dev/nvidia when installing CUDA

Hello I folowed cuda instllation from NVIDIA* CUDA Toolkit — Documentation for Clear Linux* project
/opt/cuda/bin/nvcc --version
gives

Cuda compilation tools, release 11.4, V11.4.48
Build cuda_11.4.r11.4/compiler.30033411_0

yet later when I try to get /dev/nvidia* I can not make it work I tried mentioned bahFile (I saed it in sbash file) and got

bash sbash
modprobe: FATAL: Module nvidia not found in directory /lib/modules/5.12.13-1050.native

I tried using medprobe - I installed it - theoretically it should create dev/nvidia files on start up - but it do not I restarted couple times

What can I do ? can I manually run medprobe? or I should manually install nvidia drivers? (I had read that those are automatically installed so no need to do it manually am I right ?)

Also in /usr/local/cuda/ i do not have lib64 so I can not create LD_LIBRARY_PATH and this is what I need to run the singularity container

Thanks for Help !!

Have you installed the nvidia driver prior to installing cuda?

1 Like

I also have the same case. The teams at the development center https://mlsdev.com consist of both senior and junior level engineers. They are all paid well and have job security. Senior engineers report to the seniors and are accountable for delivering quality work within the stipulated time frame. juniors are responsible for developing software products based on the business needs of the company. The development center also allows the companies to save a considerable amount of money on hiring additional people to perform the same task. This means that development centers are a great alternative to in-house programming teams.