[POLL] What is your opinion about our download webpage?

Thank you for taking the time to help us shape the future of Clear Linux OS.

The focus of this survey is the Clear Linux Project website. It takes no more than a couple of minutes and will help us understand and develop a better product for you in the future.

The following questions are related to the download page of Clear Linux OS website.

1 - Can you find the right offering of Clear Linux OS in the download area? Why?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

2 - Can you understand the differences between Clear Linux OS offerings in the download area? Why?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

3 - Is the information organized in a familiar way to you? Why?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

4 - Does the content on this page provide you with sufficient information to make an informed decision? Why?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

In case you missed it: Linux usage survey results

It is exactly as expected.

2 Likes

These are all minor things I think could make the page even better:

• Images/Logos next to each download image type. Sure I can read the page, but my eyes are quicker to jump to the corresponding logo for the image type.

• Download size in the “Download” button for each image time. This might sway my decision which to download to choose for example.

• File extension in the “Download” button. Sometimes newcomers latch on to the extension for their platform and come knowing that “I need a VMDK”.

• Consider having the Version/Date information be in a single place at the top, and only appear if the version is not matched to latest for a specific reason (hopefully this is an infrequent). If the per-image version is important, consider it in the “Download” button. The collapsible for 2 lines seems like overkill and not all of those middle blocks expand.

• Grouping of like-kind images in one block with multiple image download options. (e.g. Azure and Azure Machine Learning images in one content block, KVM and KVM legacy in one content block). To me, that would be easier to digest

• Separation of supporting files, tools, scripts into another visually distinct area. Or, add them to the KVM download block since that is what they are relevant for. Right now they appear the same as another image for a Clear Linux image type and add noise when looking over the download options.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone for all the answers. Your inputs are critical for us to keep improving Clear Linux as a whole.

1 Like