Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

I installed the clear linux on an asus n750jv laptop, but wifi after a couple of minutes after the start of use turns off, after a while it turns on and then disappears again, how to solve this problem?
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
Subsystem: AzureWave Device 2126
Kernel driver in use: ath9k
Kernel modules: ath9k

1 Like

Sounds like a driver or firmware issue. Inspect sudo dmesg and sudo journalctl output. Depending on what’s in that, you’ll need to decide whether you need to file a bug against the kernel driver or something else.

Any progress? I have the same laptop, same wireless network adapter, same driver,… Same problem. Also had the same problem on Linux Solus.

Fairly new to linux, but couldn’t find anything wrong in journalctl. In dmesg though, this stood out:

ath: phy0: DMA failed to stop in 10 ms AR_CR=0x00000024 AR_DIAG_SW=0x02000020 DMADBG_7=0x00006100

Also in lshw: On the config property of my Network Adapter it says: firmware=N/A. Don’t know if that’s an issue?

Btw it doesn’t automatically turn off after a while. It only happens when I launch an application that downloads something, like firefox or the software app. And then (even if I close the apps), it stays in this limbo state.