Wireless and Bluetooth adapter not working

im new Clear Linux users, it’s different with other linux that i used before.
today i got some error, when i open my laptop wifi adapter is not found and Bluetooth is not working, but yesterday everything is okay.

i hope someone here can help me to resolve my problems, my device is Lenovo ThinkPad x280.

sorry for my bad English.

Some first clues here :

https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_setup_Bluetooth

1 Like

oh thanks bro, already try that
but really, wireless is more problem. it’s been great to use Clear Linux, but after this error maybe I’m not ready to use it as a daily driver

today i was reinstall my laptop with clear linux and the problem is fix. but after connect to internet and auto update is running to latest (37650) with gnome 43.1 the problem is back.

I don’t know this my hardware or some bug, and other problem is my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad x280) is don’t have a LAN ports.

my config when installation is using LTS kernel.

omg should i reinstall again :expressionless:

after a lot of trial and error, the final decision was to reinstall using the native kernel (previously I was using LTS) and so far it seems fine where wifi and bluetooth are working fine. Prior to this I had tried manually installing the wifi driver but it didn’t work.

so… im still lovin Clear Linux because of Intel :crazy_face:

I can tell from very recent experience that Clear-Linux has just updated the kernel 2 times in the last few weeks, this could have had something to do with the issue you were having. By using the boot manager LTS (I think that is what it is) you could have gone back to an earlier version of the Kernel.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s just me, but I’m feeling that lately Clear’s stability is going downhill lately.
I can’t maximize the Nautilus window for example, the program just stops responding when doing that.
After that I can’t even rename files, Nautilus crashes.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are broken, they are not working anymore… Hm… this is not good, not good at all.

I switched to LTS kernel again, and even so they are not working, also my PC is Intel branded, literally, is a Intel Classmate Marblepoint, so I thought since it’s a PC from Intel it should work wonders, but it doesn’t seem to be the case right now.
I think I will reinstall it since I love Clear Linux, but right now I don’t have much time to reinstall multiple times, so if this happens again I will switch to another distro and wait for CL to become a bit more stable, since it’s a great OS that I don’t really want to stop using.

EDIT: Thakfully, all these issues have been fixed!

1 Like