I can't activate bluetooth

hi, i’ve installed clear linux today but i can’t enable bluetooth from settings, it say “bluetooth not found”. I nedd help

Hello @Christian_Raffa . I am glad you tried Clear Linux. I think it would be helpful to the community if you tell specifics of your hardware. Have you tried any other linux distributions and got the bluetooth working?

1 Like

seems like driver problem :thinking:.
can you post output from lspci -k (for driver information )and lspci -nn (for vendor and device code) ?
I don’t understand about driver but maybe that will be helpfull to other

Output for the firts command

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 36)
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 7270
	Kernel driver in use: iosf_mbi_pci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 36)
	DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
	Kernel driver in use: i915
00:0b.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Power Management Controller (rev 36)
	Kernel driver in use: proc_thermal
	Kernel modules: processor_thermal_device_pci_legacy
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series USB xHCI Controller (rev 36)
	Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine (rev 36)
	Kernel driver in use: mei_txe
	Kernel modules: mei_txe
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series PCU (rev 36)
	Kernel driver in use: lpc_ich
	Kernel modules: lpc_ich

output for the secon command

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SoC Transaction Register [8086:2280] (rev 36)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:22b0] (rev 36)
00:0b.0 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Power Management Controller [8086:22dc] (rev 36)
00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series USB xHCI Controller [8086:22b5] (rev 36)
00:1a.0 Encryption controller [1080]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine [8086:2298] (rev 36)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series PCU [8086:229c] (rev 36)

is a Acer Switch One 10

i’ve tried with ubuntu(linux lite) and arch(endeavourOS) and the bluetooth worked

@Christian_Raffa , I hope someone from the community will help you as I am a Linux newbie, perhaps @djunaaja . I am so used to opening Device Manager in Windows and looking for an item without a driver. :laughing:

I think that is good news. I hope someone from the community will be able to help.

1 Like

i understand you :joy:

Learnt something new. ls for list and pci for the pci devices. I am hoping to do the linux foundation’s free introductory course. I wish I could open the ‘Device Manager’ and look for the missing driver and get the hardware ids for a google search! :rofl:

1 Like

Hope you want be disappointed when you read this bit of the official documentation.

https://clearlinux.github.io/clear-linux-documentation/about.html#who-is-the-target-audience

I believe that something like bluetooth is also useful for professionals, so they could also find the problem

2 Likes

Or maybe it uses usb instead of pcie, sorry.

lsusb #for normal output

lsusb -t #for tree style output

Vendor and device IDs appear after “ID” and are usually four digits long. With this ID, you can search the internet for more information about the specific Bluetooth chip used by your device.

or maybe open up Device Manager on Windows and see what IC it uses like @Indy suggest :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Try to check if the Bluetooth module is enabled in the BIOS settings. Some devices have the option to enable or disable the Bluetooth module in the BIOS settings.

1 Like