Initial setup...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "aqt", line 52, in <module>
  File "aqt.gui_hooks", line 11, in <module>
  File "_aqt.hooks", line 18, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt", line 20, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt.qt6", line 17, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/local/share/anki/lib/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/libQt6Quick.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZTVNSt3pmr25monotonic_buffer_resourceE, version Qt_6

The application did work fine in the past, what could be happening? Maybe a missing bundle?

I believe this is addressed with [Qt6 error] undefined symbol: _ZTVNSt3pmr25monotonic_buffer_resourceE, version Qt_6 (Anki stopped working) · Issue #3001 · clearlinux/distribution (github.com)

Chris

1 Like

Yes, that fixed the issue, Anki is working properly now, sorry, forgot to update the thread with the solution!

I’m afraid to say that the problem is back… this is what terminal says:

Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "aqt", line 52, in <module>
  File "aqt.gui_hooks", line 11, in <module>
  File "_aqt.hooks", line 18, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt", line 20, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt.qt6", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/local/share/anki/lib/PyQt6/QtCore.abi3.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14QReadWriteLock16destroyRecursiveEP21QReadWriteLockPrivate, version Qt_6_PRIVATE_API

Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Preparing to run...
Wayland support is disabled by default due to bugs:
https://github.com/ankitects/anki/issues/1767
You can force it on with an env var: ANKI_WAYLAND=1
Qt warning: QGuiApplication::setDesktopFileName: the specified desktop file name ends with .desktop. For compatibility reasons, the .desktop suffix will be removed. Please specify a desktop file name without .desktop suffix 
Qt warning: QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled 
Qt info: Sandboxing disabled by user. 
Qt fatal: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (6.6.1) with this library (6.6.2) 
Aborted (core dumped)

I love Clear Linux, but the updating to cutting edge packages (in this case, Qt6) tends to break applications… Anki was working fine again for a few weeks and boom, it’s broken again.
Wish there was a more stable branch or something…

OK! I managed to fix it after a while. The problem was that Clear Fraction was interfering with it’s libraries, after removing the 3rd-party repo and all it’s traces, Anki is working fine again :slight_smile:

1 Like