Suggesting a desktop UI improvement

Mostly agree. I hate the fact that Linux systems have UI by default. This is blantant plagiarism of copying M$ Windows and bugOS.

As a typewriter user, seriously, I recommend terminal. And it’s always left to right, up to bottom.

Thanks for taking the time to share your Clear Linux desktop configuration. One of the strong points of Linux in general is the ease with which users can setup their Linux installs to look and work just as they like.

Personally, I prefer the default setup, but this is a great topic for discussion.

2 Likes

Can I also recommend that the Material Shell extension is included in the OS for anyone that likes Tiling Window Managers?

I also I agree that this is an amazing suggestion by the original poster. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing Material Shell. I’m running Clear on my XP13 so screen real estate is valuable, however, hooking it up to my 43" ultra wide would be beautiful.

I also like the OP’s modifications. Looks slick.

2 Likes

Working well, thanks for the share and directions! I just need to make the top border of application a little smaller now.

1 Like

I personally think that non-user-enabled stuff should be all on one side: specifically, I like it on the bottom, and as small as possible to still be readable. I hate to have 2 “borders” on the top and on the bottom of the screen. Also I don’t like dynamic refactoring, because it means that the position of the UI elements is everchanging, giving an hard time to muscular memory.

It’s a very Windows-like UI, and I don’t think that’s actually that bad as others suggested earlier… Especially if you happen to use both systems, it is really useful to have a similar UI!

2 Likes

Reduce title bar height in gnome 3 / gtk+ 3

:+1::+1:

Hi everyone. I am using Clear Linux as my personal OS in my laptop. I have heard that this distro is meant to be used by developers. But why do they say that? I use firefox, libreoffice and a little of python coding. What do develop those developers?

Sorry for the newbie question.

Thank you.

BJDS

Agree. I like Pantheon too. It would be nicer if CL use this DE.

1 Like

How can we restore this theme with the latest GNOME messup ?

1 Like

They deliberately got rid of the themes. I’ve tried reinstalling the themes to /usr/share/themes and /usr/share/icons, but that didn’t work. They have more involved instructions at the link I shared but I haven’t had the time to figure that out yet.

2 Likes

I’ll update the post as soon as I can. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve found you can install and use themes in gnome if you install the desktop-kde flatpack

@ MattiaVerticchio:
Thanks very much for this huge enhancement to Clear Linux desktop!
Beautiful, functional and now it seems to be further enhanced with settings taking place automatically upon activation of these extensions…
Now Clear Linux is perfect!
Greatly appreciated…
Francis.

1 Like