Virtual Machine Manager connecting to a Clear Linux Host Connection Failure

I presume this is a security block. Here is my scenario:

Setup Ubuntu Host Server1 - Setup KVM Hosting
Setup Ubuntu Host Server2 - Setup KVM Hosting
Setup Ubuntu Desktop - Setup Virtual Machine Manager (VMM4)

Setup CentOs Desktop, Setup KVM Hosting - Setup Virtual Machine Manager (VMM5)

Setup Clear Host Server -Setup KVM Hosting

Setup Clear Desktop Server - Setup KVM Hosting, Setup Virtual Machine Manager (VMM1)
Setup Clear Laptop - Setup KVM Hosting, Setup Virtual Machine Manager (VMM2)
Setup Clear Laptop - Setup KVM Hosting, Setup Virtual Machine Manager (VMM3)

From Any VMM manager, Can connect to the Ubuntu Servers, provision, build & manage VM’s with no issues. Works just as I would expect. Love it.

From Any VMM manager, Can connect to the CentOS Desktop, provision, build & manage VM’s with no issues.

From any remote VMM manager, I cannot connect to the Clear systems: I get 'Unable to connect to libvirt qemu+ssh://username@hostbox/system. authentication unavailable: no polkit agent available to authenicate action ‘org.libvirt.unize.manage’

Then asks if the libvirtd daemon is running which I can verify is.

On the VMM manager of a particular clear system, I can use it to manage that particular system.

Any suggestions on how to get it working remotely? The goal of course is to be able to use Clear to host KVM solutions and manage from KVM workstations/laptops.

Thanks

Erf that previous advice seems quite out of date, I’ll try and find something elsewhere but I rarely write polkit rules.

Ah no rules need to be touched here, just add the user trying to connect over ssh to the libvirt group.

1 Like

Tremendous! Worked like a charm! And no longer need to authenticate to use VMM locally. Thanks.