Where to find "granite"

I’m fairly new to “Clear Linux”. I’m accustomed to the other distros that have package managers using apt-get.
With Clear Linux, it seems that there is some assembly required. I’ve learned quite a bit since starting this adventure.

With that said, I’m trying to install a better functioning menu editor for gnome. The flatpak one doesn’t see all my menu items (and I have to start it from the app store for it so see the ones that are listed).

When I try to compile AppEditor, it complains that “granite” is missing. The github page indicates that libgranite-dev is a dependency, but I am unable to locate the proper bundle to provide this.

Anyone have any ideas?

You can try building granite from source and see if that helps.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh, so that’s who makes it! May take a crack at it. Thank you! :smile:

Compiled without complaining about anything but alacarte still won’t run. Oh well. Win some lose some. :sweat_smile:

It says to run granite-demo at the end to verify it works. Were you able to try that?

Yep. That runs well. :+1:

OK so wasn’t awake yet. Zombie behind the keyboard here!

I don’t know why I tried going into my “alacarte” source directory instead of the “appeditor” source directory. :roll_eyes:

Sorry about that.

appeditor runs well enough now. Some artifacts/tearing appear on the top window bar but It’s not a big issue for me (most likely my theme is responsible). It gets the job done of removing, organizing, and adding apps to my menu. Once it’s how I like it, I probably won’t run it until I need to add another app.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad this worked out for you! Best of luck to you in the future!