Citrix WorkSpace App

Has anyone gotten Citrix Receiver or Workspace running? I started with the tar ball but this was terrible due to the dependencies. I managed to get it going but I don’t know if anyone has better directions. Here is what I did to get it going:

#Download

RPM Packages > RedHat Full Package (Self-Service Support) > Citrix Workspace app for Linux (x86_64)
Optional:
USB Support Package > USB Support Package (x86_64)

#Convert
rpm2archive ICAClient-rhel-19.12.0.19-0.x86_64.rpm
rpm2archive ctxusb-2.7.19-1.x86_64.rpm

#Install
sudo tar xvf ICAClient-rhel-19.12.0.19-0.x86_64.rpm.tgz -C /
sudo tar xvf ctxusb-2.7.19-1.x86_64.rpm.tgz -C /
sudo /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/integrate.sh

If you get odd SSL errors, check the owner and group on /opt/Citrix (and sub folders). You might need to save the SSL/TLS of the gateway/StoreFront .pem files to:
opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts
/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/intcerts
run:
/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/ctx_rehash
sudo /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/integrate.sh

Launch Apps from the Browser.

1 Like

Nice guide but can be improved knowing that you can install RPM package on Clear Linux and you can link certs.
Here is what I did:

• search for bundles with “rpm”
    swupd search rpm
  • add bundle with “rpm”, in my case “dnf” but you can use any other bundle with “rpm”
    sudo swupd bundle-add dnf
  • install RPM without dependencies, it looks like Clear Linux Desktop might have all dependencies needed
    sudo rpm -i --nodeps ICAClient-rhel-19.12.0.19-0.x86_64.rpm
  • create links to certs
    sudo ln -sf /etc/ssl/certs/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
  • rehash certs
    sudo /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/ctx_rehash
    BTW, kudos for this line, I wasn’t able to find c_rehash in Clear Linux, this is nice substitude
    When new version of Citrix Workspace App come out you should be able to update it with:
    sudo rpm -U --nodeps ICAClient-rhel-new_version.x86_64.rpm

References:
https://docs.01.org/clearlinux/latest/FAQ/index.html?highlight=rpm#does-cl-use-rpms-like-other-distros
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Citrix

4 Likes

Fantastic! I did not know about dnf being on Clear. That’s much easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great Job ! Thanks !
It runs perfect for my Home Office due to COVID-19 :slight_smile:
Just having problems to get out from the Full Screen mode…
I need to use : CTRL+F2 then CTRL+ALT+D then ALT+TAB to acces to other applications and to LogOut correctly,
( Tested with Google Chrome installed on Clear Linux OS )

2 Likes

Thanks for the guide.
I had to remove citrix workspace as I’m no longer using it. I just have a question regarding the rehash part. Do have to run rehash someway to complete remove Citrix Workspace?

1 Like

And how ? Using xset ?