How to boot Clear Linux from Arch Linux GRUB?

I have managed to install Clear Linux to a partition i.e /dev/sda13 with following command from a live desktop dvd of Clear Linux

swupd os-install /mnt --bundles=os-core,os-core-update,kernel-native --statedir=/mnt/var/lib/swupd

I want to boot it with GRUB of my arch linux . so here is what I added for Clear Linux to my arch linux grub

menuentry ‘Clear Linux OS’ {
search --fs-uuid --set=root 53acbd57-fb67-4243-9d51-22c129d4a42d
chainloader /boot/EFI/org.clearlinux/bootloaderx64.efi
}
but I am unable to boot Clear Linux with this entry.

What am I doing wrongly? Need help here please

even tried this

menuentry 'Clear Linux OS' {
        search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root 53acbd57-fb67-4243-9d51-22c129d4a42d
        chainloader (${root})/EFI/org.clearlinux/bootloaderx64.efi
    } 

but does not boot 

On booting and selecting Clear Linux I get this " error’ EFI/org.clearlinux/bootloaderx64.efi’ not found "

It looks like your --set=root is set to the PARTUUID. Set it to the UUID.
Cross reference the steps here for example: https://docs.01.org/clearlinux/latest/tutorials/multi-boot/dual-boot-linux.html#method-2-use-grub-to-boot-cl

1 Like

The following is what I use.
#!/usr/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 0** **# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the** **# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change** **# the 'exec tail' line above.** **menuentry 'Clear Linux OS' { search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root 1C40-9FCA #<<<<<< change as necessary chainloader ({root})/EFI/org.clearlinux/bootloaderx64.efi
}

name this file 40_Clear_linux and place it into the directory /etc/grub.d
To get the fs-uuid value, run gparted, look for the CLR_BOOT drive and use the
gparted partition tab subtab information tab to retrieve the UUID