How to convert a iso file to a bootable usb drive?
- Download etcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher)
1.4.5. (for linux users only) Right-click on the file
1.9.0 Select properties and tick “Allow as executable”
- Once it has finished downloading open the (file or appimage and or folder)
- Once it has loaded choose “Flash from file”
- Choose the usb and click “Flash”
- Reboot your computer, but as soon as the boot logo shows press the key the allows you into the boot menu (Defers between manufacturer)
- Choose the usb you flashed
2.5 press enter
- And your done
With the pretty pictures - https://docs.01.org/clearlinux/latest/get-started/bootable-usb.html#bootable-usb
sudo dd if=/home/you/Downloads/clr-linux-x.iso of=/dev/sdx && sync
/dev/sdx is your unmounted usb. find it with
lsblk. Unmount it wth
sudo umount /dev/sdx.
Double check it’s the right one first with
fdisk -l | grep Disk because if you get the wrong one you could accidentally wipe your hard drive.