How to install Bitwig studio on Clear Linux

I was attempting to build this flatpak: Rene Bon Ćirić (Renich) / BitwigStudio Flatpak · GitLab

First issue:
Can’t use the --install-deps-from=flathub flag for flatpak-builder in the Makefile I think because these deps are installed by clear linux?

So run these commands instead:
flatpak-builder --force-clean -v build com.bitwig.BitwigStudio.yaml
flatpak-builder --force-clean -v --repo=repo repo-build com.bitwig.BitwigStudio.yaml

Second issue:
We get the error:
Can’t find source path /etc/ld.so.cache: No such file or directory
This can be solved with:
sudo ln -snf /var/cache/ldconfig/ld.so.cache /etc/ld.so.cache

I don’t know if there is a better way of solving the above.

Third issue:
Couldn’t get jack to work and worked around it by making an empty jack-config file:
touch ~/.BitwigStudio/jack-config

Finally:
We need to install the flatpak so run:
flatpak-builder --user --install --force-clean build com.bitwig.BitwigStudio.yaml

Should now be available as an app for you to start.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Interesting problems - I wonder if the wrong SDK’s are being used here in the yaml file during build - I’ve build some flatpak’s myself and never had to do the ld.so.cache changes you had to do.

Is there a reason this isn’t on flathub? They are very happy accepting projects like this.

I didn’t see this thread before. I use Bitwig on ClearLinux too. A few weeks ago they added an official Flatpack which is available in “Software”, so there is no need to do any hacks.
I’m figuring out how to use Jack instead of Alsa directly, fighting with limits.conf :smile: But everything else works without issues.