How to make ADB and Fastboot executable

“did you add the specific content in?”

do not understand what you mean by this? is therefore due to lack of data? not taken from here: “$ HOME / adb-fastboot / platform-tools”?
ok, so some kind of data should be visible there constantly?
thought it was something that appeared and disappeared with the connection of the cell phone.

should there be a file here?
path set by / etc / profile
can not find any such there

apparently needs more detailed instructions

some progress

installed adb and fastboot via instructions from:
https://www.explorelinux.com/how-to-install-adb-fastboot-on-linux/

Computer @ clr-f8ee7be19e554fa7add9ddb34d56f250 ~ / adb-fastboot / platform-tools $ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
ce031713e29a88db0c device

adb and heimdall are now under / usr / bin

installation attempt by heimdall

Computer @ clr-f8ee7be19e554fa7add9ddb34d56f250 / usr / bin $ heimdall print-pit
Heimdall v1.4.2
Initializing connection …
Detecting device …

after sudo heimdall print-pit
Ending session…
Rebooting device…
Releasing device interface…

success

one more step

Ending session …
Rebooting device …
Releasing device interface …

heimdall flash --RECOVERY twrp-3.4.0-0-dreamlte.img --no-reboot

Uploading RECOVERY
RECOVERY upload successful

but Manually reboot into recovery: did not work

“On some devices, installation may fail if vendors are not up-to-date. In this case, please:”
the instructions for this are not on, so this cannot be done

this is how it stopped, the step before installing the os

sadly

hello all

so, I faced this same question too, and think found a workaround to make ADB and Fastboot works in Clear Linux.

I can make this works downloading the platform tools by Google on this link Linux zip and extract him on any directory.

After this, cd to extracted folder, and you should be able already to run ./adb devices.

In my case, when i connect my Pixel XL with USB Debugging active and all, my ./adb devices returns no permissions (user clrlinux is not in the plugdev group)

But is all fine, all you need to do is simply kill the ADB server and open a new connection with sudo ./adb kill-server, after this ./adb devices again and now you should be able to see your device on list of devices attached.