Installation of DR14 T.meter not working

Tried to install the following software: DR14 T.meter,

http://dr14tmeter.sourceforge.net/index.php/Main_Page

Using GIT on the page, I managed to create a folder under my home directory named: dr14_t.meter, containing 9 objects.
Regarding system requirements: The tool is written in python (3) so you must install the python package in your system and the libraries numpy and scipy as dependencies. Dr14-tmeter works correctly with python 2 and python 3. For decoding the audio-files the packages: lame flac vorbis-tools faad (2) and ffmpeg are required!
as far as I can see, libraries numpy and scipy as dependencies are probably not installed. And do not know how I do it.
Also does not get the subcommand: dr14_tmeter to work.

Is there anyone who can explain what I need to do to make this work?

I intended to use DR14 T.meter as a substitute for a Swedish-developed program: http://lts.a.se/lts/masvis

So have a HiFi interest.

My knowledge of Clear Linux is meager, as after succeeding in installing this eminent OS and the few programs I use, I have not had to use more than graphical interfaces on programs.
But compared to Win 10 on this laptop, the start time has dropped from minutes to a low 4 seconds. And also the lack of constant update problems with Windows 10. There will probably be a new Intel-based laptop and Clear Linux also with the next purchase. Thumbs up!

You didn’t describe how your installation failed.

hm, maybe not quite correctly described, but …
DR14 Tmeter is perhaps installed for the most part, but as I wrote dependent libraries are missing, and I can not start it, with the command dr14_tmeter that is not recognized.
So an in-depth explanation of how I proceed would be desirable.

The python-extras bundle provides numpy and scipy. Installation is via the software update tool.

sudo swupd bundle-add python-extras

There is a smaller python-data-science bundle that also includes numpy and scipy.

sudo swupd bundle-add python-data-science

I have now installed bundle python-data-science according to marioroy. Thanks for the kindness! To get numpy and scipy installed.

Do I put myself in the folder: Music “where I have the music I want to test”
And uses:> dr14_tmeter
This is how a text file is now created there with the name: dr14_tmeter
This is unfortunately empty. 0kb
If I use:> dr14_meter -t
Then the answer is: -t: command not found

If I use: swupd bundle-list, Flac is there. Which is the format I use for my music.

Is still questioning? confused!

1 Like

Actually the other way around. The python-data-science bundle is bigger as it includes python-extras.

1 Like

Anyone who have some suggestion?

Is something missing perhaps?
I have added for example FFmpeg.
If I try:
nn@clr-c.disk encrypted~ $ > dr14_tmeter ~/Musik
bash: / home / nn / Music: Is a directory
Something seems to be wrong?

Try:
nn@clr-c.disk encrypted~ $ dr14_tmeter ~/Musik

So, leave out the ‘>’. In the examples this represents the prompt. On your system this is the ‘$’ character.

Edit: You command has created an empty file in your home directory named dr14_tmeter. You can remove that.

I have already tested dr14_tmeter without the sign >, and the result is as follow:
dr14_tmeter: command not found
and no file appear in the Musik folder
I have wondering about that sign >, and could not figure it out. But it is probably as you mentioned.
BUT, it doesn’t work at all without it strange enough. Perhaps because something is wrong?

Found this link: AUR (en) - dr14_t.meter-git

Dependent files are mentioned there.

Dependencies (10)

faad2 (faad2-git)
ffmpeg (ffmpeg-semifull-git, ffmpeg-tmblock-git, ffmpeg4.0, ffmpeg-cuda, ffmpeg-v4l2-request-git, ffmpeg-svt, ffmpeg-gl-transition, ffmpeg-intel-full-git, ffmpeg- mmal, ffmpeg-svt-av1-git, ffmpeg-nox-git, ffmpeg-svt-vp9-git, ffmpeg-headless, ffmpeg-nocuda, ffmpeg-ndi, ffmpeg-decklink, ffmpeg-git, ffmpeg-full, ffmpeg- full-git, ffmpeg-amd-full, ffmpeg-amd-full-git, ffmpeg-libfdk_aac)
flac (flac-git, flac-nodocs-git, flac-minimal-git)
lame (lame-svn, lame-altivec)
python (python-dbg)
python-numpy (python-numpy-mkl-bin, python-numpy-openblas, python-numpy-git, python-numpy-mkl)
vorbis-tools (vorbis-tools-git)
git (git-git) (make)
python-matplotlib (python-matplotlib-git) (optional) - plot support for python
python-scipy (python-scipy-mkl, python-scipy-mkl-bin) (optional) - your compression

Checked with swupd bundle list

Results

faad2 is missing
ffmpeg is missing
flac is available
lame is missing
python is available
python-numpy is available (python extras)
vorbis is missing
git exists
python-matplotlib (contained in, python-data-science?) unknown
python-scipy available (python-extras)

Can I do it this way?
How do I install missing? Commands?
Could this be what is missing to make it work?

Just build each of them yourself.

You are funny!
Your comments are really helpful!

I could have done that if I had not had to write here to consult on approaches.

what is preventing you from doing that already?
you still haven’t described your problem directly.

What about humility
If you read the posts, it says in detail what my problem with the program Dr14_T.meter is.

I read every word.
If you cannot build a dependency, describe it.
Otherwise build all dependency before building this package.

But thank you very much for all the advice. They helped. The problem is solved. not!
If you have something else to do, I suggest you do it.

faad2 is missing, ok
ffmpeg is missing, ok
flac is available, ok
lame is missing, still missing
python is available, ok
python-numpy is available (python extras), ok
vorbis is missing, still missing
git exists, ok
python-matplotlib (contained in, python-data-science?) unknown, ok?
python-scipy available (python-extras), ok

lame and vorbis yet to install. But how?

Have tried: flatpak install; git clone with no success

The problem is solved.

Due to the lack of support from the forum with this and other issues, I bought a new ASUS Zenbook with Intel 11gen processor, and with Windows 10, to use for programs as mentioned in the first post (Masvis) and more, as there are no good alternatives for.

There is a online website with Masvis, if someone is interested.

https://andreasarvidsson.github.io/MasvisOnline/