iPhone USB tethering and files not visible

I want to install iFuse on Clear Linux and I’m a noob on this distro. As always help will be really appreciated. :slight_smile:

Edit: Here’s a link to the project. GitHub - libimobiledevice/ifuse: A fuse filesystem to access the contents of iOS devices

I am interested in a solution for this too :blush:

Shotwell works well with iFuse, but unfortunately libimobiledevice is not a dependency.

This project appears unmaintained. No releases for 5 years now, and changes from last year to support new devices were not released.

In general, we’d want the maintainers of the project to be more active before we merge software like this. fuse implementations have a potential security risk and are therefore held at a high standard.

What am I supposed to do now? :expressionless: Could you tell me some way I can install it on my setup?

In this case, I would recommend opening a github ticket yourself on the ifuse project and asking them to release a new version. If they do, we can consider the project maintained again. It’s usually best if users ask directly. Generally when distribution members ask for a release, we get very little sympathy.

Your other option of course is to compile the software yourself. In general, fuse projects are relatively simple to compile.