ISO image no more

Looks like CL stopped issuing ISO images of CL (again) :confused: . (Yes, I do need ISO images for Ventoy.) On the other hand, if you unzip the .img.xz file and convert the result into .iso, you end up with a 16G(!) ISO file. Does anyone know of a conversion utility that does a better job at converting the .img.xz file into a reasonably-sized ISO?

this isn’t on purpose

we’ll check out what went wrong

4 Likes

Any progress on this? :thinking:

Index of /image/ has an iso image just fine ?

I guess I’ve grown used to finding ISO images for all your latest releases: have you guys discontinued that practice? Was that too costly?

iso images need manual testing/qa since the format (unlike img) does not work in our automation… so we publish it only every week or so

Thanks, so I guess that you’ll be publishing new ISO images only under /image/ from now on, right? And hopefully not too seldomly :blush:

That is the correct location to find the current ISO images, regardless of release. You can also download latest-images.json to determine the current version of each image programmatically.

Good news everyone!

The Clear Team has been feverishly working to address this, kicking, pummeling and beating the build process back into submission. The result? Starting from 41530 we should start seeing ISO builds again.
The last few weeks have been super busy, with updates to Gnome, KDE, and Python, so we’ve had a few format bumps recently. Also, things are still settling out after the recent 'XZ’itement. But once the next build is released, we should have ISOs again. And maybe even remote logins for GDM(!).

Chris

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks! The team deserves our commendations and gratitude! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: