Issue when trying to install Clear Linux on my PC (XID 54a)

Hello all,

So essentially I’m having a problem with installing Clear Linux. Everytime I attempt to install it, I will get to the initial “Would you like to boot to the installer or check the media?” After selecting the installer from the options menu it will go through a few checks and then just stop at an error message. After a little time it will load the mouse in but not go any further than that. The error message it displays is the following:

Seems like it’s having trouble with the Realtek Ethernet Adapter? Not sure why that would cause it not to boot however? It’s worth noting that I have this issue with other Linux Distributions such as Ubuntu and Fedora where they also freeze or will not boot from GRUB after being installed. My guess is new hardware and I just need to wait for a kernel update but I wanted to know if anyone had an idea to a fix?

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (Sapphire Nitro+)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
(whew what a mouthful…)

Motherboard: Asus Pro WS X570-ACE

Ethernet Adapters:

1. Realtek R8169 (nothing is plugged in)
  2. Intel I211 (RJ-45 is plugged into this one)

If a quick google shows other distro’s have this problem, then follow those threads first. Asking in here and making a new thread is likely not going to yield answers - you’re better off talking to people who have invested time in this problem, and you found those people already elsewhere.

I’ve narrowed this error down to a BMC option on my motherboard disabling this makes the error go away however clear linux still gets stuck on continuing to boot. I’ve also managed to install Ubuntu however I am still having issues with clear linux where it just flat out refuses to continue to go past found installation media continuing to boot… it will load in the mouse but nothing more.

This issue has now been resolved. Resetting the BIOS to default has fixed this problem. If anyone else runs across this problem and sees this post. This is likely due to the secure boot keys not being loaded when attempting to install.