Login issues on fresh install

So I wanted to try Clear Linux. I grabbed the Image 32980-live-server.
Started the live server and called the car-installer.
So far so good everything installs so it seems. After a reboot I tried to login with my newly created user but get the following message (with SSH):

Could not chdir to home directory /home/: Permission denied

When I try to login in on the local terminal I only see a message that there is a kernel update and the machine would like to reboot and then again the login prompt so I assume I get the same message as with SSH.

I then started the live version again and check UID and GID of the directory and the user all are 1000 as expected but still I get a permission denied. What is going on here?
Can some help. Did I miss something in the post installation? Hope the Topic is right.

Did your user account properly get created? It’s good that the files are owned by uid=1000, but, is uid=1000 actually a defined user? i.e., if you type ls -l /home, do you see the numerical value 1000 in the output, or does it show a user name?

As I only can check the values with the live version it shows the numerical values but I check /etc/passwd too and there the user is created and has the same uid and gid. And the home directory is also correct. That’s why I am so confused. I already reinstalled it twice but everytime the same error. Even a second and a third account I created during the third installation show the same behavior.

So I did further digging and chromed into the hard drive from the live cd. As root it seems to have no problems but when I switch user to one of my created users I get the message that said user has no permission execute /bin/bash despite it is set to 755. root can execute it so the file itself seems not to be corrupted.