Multi-Boot Clear Linux OS

I have an identical problem. Every time I start the system, I get a new entry.
I updated the system from version 30770, the problem remains.
Bare metal installation.

Output

So what you’re suggesting there is:
If you want to install Clear OS, you have to re-install every other already existing OS afterwards? Seriously?

That sounds like a joke to me.

I have Arch Linux (with a boot manager) and installed Clear Linux beside it. I was expecting it to be shown up as a bootable OS in the menu, but Clear OS just disappeared after installation as not bootable.
It is there but not bootable. Which is bad for an OS…

I bought some upgrades for my hp Envy laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 and seeing new information in this thread (:green_heart: to @pixelgeek) and updated instructions, I thought I’d give Clear another go. It again didn’t work - and any other distro would have installed since I’ve done exactly this a few times before. (I’ve lost count how many times I’ve tried various linux installs in the last 20 years and none have actually caused me to reinstall Windows the way Clear did)

hpEnvy before: 8GB ram 1TB SSD with Win10. I shrank it to dual boot Clear but that ruined the Win10 installation so then I tried Clear but left due to 40+ second delay during boot that I wasn’t able to troubleshoot. Then I went to ubuntu happily for most of the year and its boot up was similar in time to Clear so I shouldn’t have bothered.

hpEnvy now: 16 GB ram, 1TB nvme + 1TB SSD from factory. I was able to install Win10 to half of the nvme and it worked and recognized the license from my M$ account. I see new info and get latest Clear ISO to install. It booted up fine and appeared to install with the “safe installation”, but was not recognized in BIOS upon several restarts and the laptop boots to Win 10 and is oblivious to linux as expected.

My next step: see if Windows can offer me Clear (and ubuntu, I guess) in its boot up. I’ve actually done this before and it works the same as grub although it would seem I could get a fancy GUI. There would be something especially pleasing to have Windows present me a list (with Clear being default). Maybe this tool will work for me, but I suspect I’ll need to use a linux live session to find all the boot entries.

And if that doesn’t work, I’ll nuke the nvm-e drive, install Clear first, and obey the Clear Borg as intended. :laughing:

Clear installer still fails at multiboot. The only way I can get Clear is through BIOS F9 and choose boot device. I wasn’t able to see how to get windows to “See” Clear so I can’t add Clear to windows boot manager. Since Windows is working, it probably means another half year until I spend a few days seeing if Clear can manage like every other Linux I’ve used since 2004 and install alongside Windows.

I’m not being mean; simply just that being able to install next to a working Windows is paramount to people learning a linux. Until then, Clear is a bratty toddler.

Lets keep it simple:
Clear doesn’t use grub but its own boot manager, multiboot is suported but clear has to be install first
so if you install it on the same drive as other distros you gone loose grub so to keep it easy:
install clear on a empty usb stick or ssd drive and on reboot click bios boot device menu and choose your drive, nothing wrong with this solution, all others distros are available as well and you keep your grub menu.
Now lets say your clear drive is big enough then you could copy your existing windows or linux partition on it using gnome-disks, after that you’ll need to configure, add entries in the clear boot menu and there you go: multiboot…without reinstalling your distros