Shutdown is inhibited

I’ve downloaded adb tool from Android 调试桥 (adb)  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers. And in my $HOME folder I’ve created opt folder to work with AppImage applications from outside swupd and flatpak. I’ve extracted sdk-tools, inside this opt folder. After that runned adb file with ./adb devices, it print out something like:

daemon starting daemon started successfully

but after that it didn’t print out any available devices, only printed out,

available devices list attached

similar thing. After while when I tried to shutdown my pc it asked for permission saying, user (which is me) inhibiting shutdown, I wrote password and shutdown, screen blackout and only underscore cursor visible. After that I ended up shutdown my pc by pressing and holding my power button. Now when I try to start pc, it doesn’t starts, some default error logs are shown (these error logs shown since first install). What should I do now, reinstall the system??

Any help appreciated.

Hello,

It seems you’re experiencing a couple of issues: the adb devices command not showing any devices and your PC not starting properly after a forced shutdown. Let’s address them one by one.

For the adb issue:

Ensure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Android device.
Check if the USB cable is properly connected and is not faulty.
Try restarting the adb daemon with the following commands:
adb kill-server
adb start-server

If the device still doesn’t show up, try using a different USB port or USB cable.

For the PC startup issue:

Disconnect all peripherals and try to start your PC again.

If it’s a desktop, try resetting the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes, then reinserting it.

If it’s a laptop, try a hard reset by unplugging it, removing the battery (if possible), and holding down the power button for 30 seconds before trying to start it again.

If these steps don’t work, you may need to consider system recovery options or reinstalling the operating system. However, this should be a last resort after trying all other troubleshooting steps.

I hope the information may helps you.

Best regards,
Yvonne Rhodes

1 Like

As I suspect Yvonne’s response may be auto generated and not very useful for your question, I’ll point you instead to Fix a broken installation — Documentation for Clear Linux* project which may help you more.

Chris

2 Likes