Studying, Tutoring or Coaching

Hello, everyone!
I am just a beginner in the field of IT Development. I like Free Software and willing to specialize on it, but there is pretty much material to learn and I don’t know for sure what is the first thing to start, the second and so forth.

So, as far as Intel has its own OS focusing on the Cloud Computing, does the company provide support for intern or remote students and if any studying programs are applied?

Or, perhaps, somebody can answer how to specialize ones skills to work for and/or together with Intel in the field of Open Software. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey there, future Free Software wizard! :man_mage: Welcome to the epic quest of IT Development, where the dragons are bugs and the treasure is code!

1.	Dive into the Computer Science Cauldron: First, let’s brew a potion of basic computer science knowledge. Think of it like Hogwarts, but for coding. Harvard’s CS50 is your Hogwarts letter, and guess what? It’s free!

2.	Pick Your Magic Wand (Programming Language): Python, JavaScript, or Ruby? It’s like choosing between a fire, ice, or lightning wand. Each has its magic; pick one and start casting code spells!

3.	Free Software and Open Source - The Secret Society: Time to learn the secret handshake! The world of Free Software is like a hidden society of benevolent wizards. Check out the Free Software Foundation to learn the wizarding ways.

4.	Master the Enchanted Scrolls of Git: In your quest, you’ll find Git, the enchanted scroll that remembers all your spells (code). GitHub and GitLab are like libraries of these scrolls, filled with magical runes.

5.	Contribute to Open Source Projects - Join the Guild!: Now that you’ve got some spells up your sleeve, it’s time to join the guild of developers. Contribute to open source projects to gain experience and maybe even a familiar (or mentor)!

6.	Network at the Tavern (Community Involvement): Every hero needs allies. Join forums, attend meetups (virtual or real), and talk to fellow wizards. Share stories, learn new spells, and maybe find a sidekick.

7.	Never Stop Learning - The Quest Never Ends!: The world of IT Development is ever-changing, like a shape-shifting beast. Stay on your toes, keep learning, and your wizarding powers will continue to grow.

Remember, this journey is yours. Some days you’ll feel like the hero; other days, the sidekick. But fear not! Every great wizard started as a beginner. Keep your wand high, and may the source be with you!

Good luck, brave adventurer! May your code compile and your bugs be few!
:wink:

1 Like

Oh, CS50 as I remember deals with C/C++ (many core OS components are made with that magic)
I have been looking for Linux courses but these are usually being a small part of bigger modules (not sure if I needed all the additional baggage)

Hey @human! I just broke the ice with a chatGPT response :laughing:.

I am actually in the health sector with an interest in IT. I was a Windows user before, and now none of my computers have Windows. I started with the book How Linux Works - 3rd Edition by Brian Ward. I am into Python and getting grips with using LLMs at the beginner level. I think forum members here want to know how much you already know.

Doing a quick search with keyword ‘open source’ on jobs.intel.com shows that there is indeed an opening on the Zephyr team, if you’re interested in Embedded Real Time OS. Embedded OS Software Engineering Developer Intern (Zephyr OS) Job in Hillsboro at Intel , assuming you’re US-based.

You could also reach out to the open source team at open@intel.com or directly to one of the open source evangelists at Meet the Open Ecosystem Team (intel.com) but I’m not aware of any specific programs in place at the moment. They may be able to help you or connect you with someone that can offer you guidance.

Chris

Ok, I know that the computer language is an abstract mean of communication between people as well as between people and compiler :slightly_smiling_face:
I suppose the more you know about inner architecture of the PC - the more low level language you can understand. Maybe that’s why I choose Intel OS, because there is less hardware to support.
I had Basic computer in the childhood and it was looked like terminal based os, on which I played games.
I was attending C++ courses with tutor, because it was free (but every trainee should have write a program in puzzle based IDE)
I don’t know Assembler yet, but I like to disassemble computers. Sometimes I do repair not very complicated, for instance replacing dry electrolytic capacitors.
I like building progs from Github :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. I will learn about Embedded Real Time OS. Assume I am in Europe.

In that case you might want to check out OS Development Engineer - Zephyr RTOS - Intern/Student Job in Gdansk at Intel in Gdansk, Poland.

Chris

1 Like