Update Theme ClearLinux

Hello people,
I’ve been using ClearLinux for some time as my main development computer. I think that besides being light and organized it has a fantastic design. Today the design is silent and is like a standard gnome. Will this be definitive ??? I would like the old theme to be available.

Hugs !!!

1 Like

They got rid of the default themes with the latest Gnome update.

To get the old look back you would need to reinstall the Materia theme for GTK and Gnome Shell along with the Paper icon theme.

The old design was amazing right out of the box. Many thanks to the previous? design team.

2 Likes

How can we restore the previous theme ?

Follow the link of LX32…I also dont get why it has to be vanilla …the theme was great but maybe I’m underestimating the effort to put thos few scripts into the bundle

1 Like

Not full, but close to old view:

swupd bundle-add dev-utils
swupd bundle-add games-dev
( ~3GB download size of bunldles, ~34G size on disk )

cd ~
git clone --depth 1 GitHub - nana-4/materia-theme: A Material Design theme for GNOME/GTK based desktop environments
cd materia-theme
meson “build”
./install.sh --dest /home/ice/.themes

cd ~
git clone GitHub - snwh/paper-icon-theme: Paper Icon Theme
cd paper-icon-theme/
meson “build” --prefix=/home/ice/.themes/
ninja -C “build” install

Application → tweaks → appearance → applications: materia-dark-compact
Application → tweaks → appearance → fonts: clear sans medium
Application → tweaks → appearance → cursor: Paper
Application → tweaks → appearance → icons: Paper

2 Likes

Hi, I simply downloaded the icon theme pack from GitHub - snwh/paper-icon-theme: Paper Icon Theme ,And extracted to /home/user/.local/share/icons and then selected the icons in gnome tweaks. It worked just fine. What’s the difference between what I did and building with meson? Thanks

my preferred theme:

←←←                                                                                                             Update Theme ClearLinux - General Discussion - Clear Linux OS Forum (p1 of 2)
   #Clear Linux OS Forum Search RSS feed of 'Update Theme ClearLinux'

Clear Linux* Project

* About
     * Developer
     * Software

* Developer
     * Community
     * Documentation

Clear Linux OS Forum

Update Theme ClearLinux

General Discussion
   Marcelo_C_Lopes

May 1, 2020, 12:07am #1

Hello people,
   I've been using ClearLinux for some time as my main development computer. I think that besides being light and organized it has a fantastic design. Today the design is silent and is
   like a standard gnome. Will this be definitive ??? I would like the old theme to be available.

Hugs !!!

1 Like

Clear Linux OS desktop UI to adopt a more vanilla GNOME desktop environment

LX32 May 1, 2020, 2:02am #2

They got rid of the default themes with the latest Gnome update.

To get the old look back you would need to reinstall the Materia theme for GTK and Gnome Shell along with the Paper icon theme.

Sergey_Z May 1, 2020, 2:37pm #3

The old design was amazing right out of the box. Many thanks to the previous? design team.

2 Likes

0xA1B2 May 1, 2020, 2:40pm #4

How can we restore the previous theme ?

CochainComplex May 1, 2020, 3:12pm #5

Follow the link of LX32...I also dont get why it has to be vanilla ...the theme was great but maybe I'm underestimating the effort to put thos few scripts into the bundle
-- press space for next page --
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move.  Right to follow a link; Left to go back.
 H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history list 

hint (it’s text-based with lynx)