Welcome to the Clear Linux Community Forum!

I recently installed it on my older Thinkpads and I’ve never seen Gnome so fast! Great work and look forward to following this distro!

1 Like

I really like Clear Linux and installed in on my main desktop I2500k box. It runs like a charm.

1 Like

Good the hear everything went well. We are constantly improving the developer experience, so hopefully soon we will be able to add more feedback during the installation process. Thanks for your comments. Keep us updated!

Good comment. I’ll move it to the wishlist, under the feedback category. So, we can keep tracking of these needs easily.

Hello everyone!
I’m using Clear Linux on my work laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad X270) for Docker/JavaScript development. Works perfectly fine.
Now I installed it on a second machine, an IBM x3550 M3. I squished an real GPU there. Everything except lack of NVIDIA drivers (I know it’s proprietary) is top notch. Clear Linux knows how to handle those 24 cores (2x6/12) :slight_smile:

It slowly becomes my main distribution. Goodbye Debian (server) and POP!_OS (desktop). But I need a real drivers for my RTX game development PC for full jump in.

The bottom line is that this is the fastest and most developer friendly distribution of 2019. Keep the good work Intel!

2 Likes

Having explored linux from time to time over the years I never really felt I could use it exclusively for a variety of reasons … mostly related to the need to be compatible with peripherals and other systems I had to use for my work. Recently I bought a new Lenovo Yoga and decided to replace Windows 10 with linux to see how much the OS had matured. I was amazed that I really didn’t miss Windows, or feel that I needed it for anything specific any longer. After trying a handful of distros (Solus, eOS, Fedora) I read about Clear Linux and decided to try it. The experience has been so good that I plan (even though I am not a developer … or even a very experienced desktop user) to adopt it as my daily driver. Hopefully I will learn to use it well enough to be helpful to others. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this project. I feel at home.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Keep us posted, and welcome to the community!