Can I install Clear Linux on my Acer laptop?

Hello!

I now buy a new laptop: Acer Aspire 3 A-315-32.

Here is detail characteristic:

Model: Acer Aspire 3 A315-32-P9YW.

Processor: Intel Pentium N5000.

Graphic: Intel UHD Graphics 605.

Disks: 120 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD.

RAM: 2 GB RAM.

Please, tell me. Can I install Clear Linux on my laptop? Do it compatible with this laptop’s model?

Before I try was install Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Linux Mint 19.02 Cinnamon.

But I found the next problems:

1. I always hear strange noises from a laptop. I think it was be SSD or HDD-disks. Sounds, like disks scratched or recording process…

2. Fast battery life drains.

And also I find, that there is no any drivers on Linux for my Laptop. That is Laptop should be work with Intell’s integrated drivers?

And sorry sir for bad English. I’m still learning. Hello from Kazakhstan, love your work!

Hello and welcome!

The best way to test if your system is compatible is to simply try booting one of the installer ISOs from the website. If it boots, it is very likely compatible.

Comparing the processor with the recommended requirements for Clear Linux looks like it checks all the boxes though.

This could be normal or could be sign of a failing HDD. If the hardware has problems, Clear Linux can’t help much.

If the drivers/firmware for devices are upstream and distributed by the Linux kernel, Clear Linux already has them or can usually be enabled easily. Just let us know what device you’re having trouble with and we can help investigate.

SSD shall not have noise and it might come from hard disk. What does that noise sound like?