Gnome requirements not working on old hardware

Hiii guys, since the upgrade from 39630 my laptop had issues with the black screens and updates I reverted back to 39630 from 39670. recently I thought it was a fix that the system would handle and updated to 40030. The system o upgrade was good till I restarted my laptop.
System brought the white screen with the message system cannot be recovered contact admin .
Well that was the end of my long journey with clear linux.
I have a hp Elitebook 8440p .
Now using KDE with Arch. Any comments on hardware or resources

Hi,

It’s unfortunate to hear that you had problems with Clear Linux on your HP EliteBook 8440p. It’s possible that the issue was caused by a conflict between Clear Linux and the specific hardware in your laptop.

You’re now using KDE with Arch, which is a great choice. KDE is a lightweight and powerful desktop environment that is well-suited for a variety of hardware. Arch is a rolling release distribution, which means that it is always up-to-date with the latest software.

Your HP EliteBook 8440p is a relatively old laptop, but it should still be able to run KDE with Arch without any problems. Here are some hardware and resource comments:

• CPU: The EliteBook 8440p has a 1st generation Intel Core i5 CPU. This CPU is still capable of running KDE with Arch, but it may not be as fast as newer CPUs.
  • RAM: The EliteBook 8440p comes with 4GB of RAM. This is a bit low for KDE with Arch, especially if you plan on running multiple applications at the same time. I recommend upgrading to at least 8GB of RAM.
  • Storage: The EliteBook 8440p comes with a hard drive. Hard drives are slower than SSDs, so you may want to consider upgrading to an SSD. This will make your system boot up and load applications much faster.

Overall, your HP EliteBook 8440p should be able to run KDE with Arch without any major problems. However, you may want to upgrade the RAM and storage to improve performance.

I hope it will helps :v::+1:

Thanks Allan for this.
My laptop is old hardware I have 6GB RAM and trying to run hyperland.
I will upgrade the laptop when I have the chance.
Otherwise I will upgrade to ssd and 8GB RAM.
Still love the clear experience so will experiment with stuff if I update my hardware/laptop.
Thanks